Additional Probe

MyCousinSven

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4
New to the group, still waiting on my SmokeFire EX4 to arrive today. I have been having a hell of a time trying to snag at least a second probe to have around.

Any suggestions on an aftermarket or other that will work?

I have (2) sets of BBQ Go BT thermometers hanging around, would any of those work?

I believe the Gen2 come with 2 probes. They are very accurate, tested against my Thermapen One

Always have a very good instant read thermometer. Always use the stick and stay ones as an early alarm. Set them for 5-10 degrees below your desired finish temp and use the instant read to confirm the final readings and to probe areas other than where the stick and stay probes are located.

I have had very good luck with Oprol (Amazon) which is a 6 probe unit with a phone app. I always a stick probe like jpsBBQ says.

I bought this off Amazon to use additional probes. Unexpectedly the probes fit into and work in the SmokeFire.
4DD3F285-E23A-46F4-95DA-C117947ED513.jpeg

I believe the Gen2 come with 2 probes. They are very accurate, tested against my Thermapen Open
I'll have to take a look , it was just dropped off an hour ago and thanks to mother nature I wont be able to crack into it until tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

Always have a very good instant read thermometer. Always use the stick and stay ones as an early alarm. Set them for 5-10 degrees below your desired finish temp and use the instant read to confirm the final readings and to probe areas other than where the stick and stay probes are located.
This is great advice, thank you!

Back