Cant reach maximum temperature of 315deg

Zappstar

Reaction score
Grill
EX6
Hello Forume!

Today I put the temerature on my EX6 to 315deg, reached 200deg after 10-15 min, waited 10 more minits reached 210 but not higer.
Grill is located out side in the back yard, calm place no wind arround 0deg ambient temp. Is this normal? I would have expected to reach higer temp.
Software is updated, weber pellets. Pellets have been stored in the magasin a couple of weeks.
Grill was clean of ash and greas prior todays bbq.

Could it be moister in the pellets effecting the temperature?

Best,

Not normal.

Moisture in the pellets can cause this but so can other things like excessive dust in the pellets, incorrect assembly or damage to the burn pot.

Ok! Grill worked fine during the summer, so I think the assembly is correct. I will have to check the burning pot then and replace the pellets with dry once..

Mine always runs 25 degrees below setting at low temps and 50 degrees at high temperatures (I used 2 independent ambient probes on every cook)
weber gave me a story about the thermostat reading an average temperature but that is impossible when there is only one probe to average
My work around, open & close the lid every 10 minutes and the temperature will creep up closer to set temperature

New pellets from the garage, grill can’t reach above 200deg fan is running continuously and I see fire from the burn pot. Any ideas anyone?

Did you check for damage?
How long have the "new pellets" been in the garage?

Did you check for damage?
How long have the "new pellets" been in the garage?
No damage what I can see, feeder is turning.. when grill starts up there is pellets collected in the burn pot. When those are on on fire there is good heat. But after awhile when those are burnt down there is just a small flame left.
EFC0F6E2-0146-4434-A708-DA8D3321D164.jpeg

Attachments

• 23D20B3F-2C55-4E83-9638-5ED2D6BB0C30.jpeg
    23D20B3F-2C55-4E83-9638-5ED2D6BB0C30.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1350.MOV
    20.4 MB
  • IMG_1351.MOV
    12.3 MB
Look at all that dust on the slide.
I'm willing to bet that's your problem.

Empty the hopper, remove the auger (which is a 5min job if that) and clean it all out. Then sift the pellets to get the dust out of them.

After some writing with Weber support, I got suggested to dismount the auger. I did not find much, but after reassembly, the grill reached 315 deg in 37 min. I guess that’s ok at -5 deg.
Thanks to all for tip and advice!

Back