EX6 Vs Stealth EX6

DruB

Reaction score
This may be a daft question -

Is the 2nd Gen EX 6 any different from the Stealth edition? (Other than colour if handles)

Thanks in advance

It is...
Apart from the obvious blacked out stuff, the Stealth has different wheels, an internal light, internal heatshield, redesigned burn pot and glow plug hardware, stronger burn pot material, crafted grate system and redesigned hopper internals.

It is...
Apart from the obvious blacked out stuff, the Stealth has different wheels, an internal light, internal heatshield, redesigned burn pot and glow plug hardware, stronger burn pot material, crafted grate system and redesigned hopper internals.
Thanks for that. Its not clear on the sites ive been looking at.

Ill keep that in mind

Forgetting about the blacked out stuff, the light and wheels for a minute... The rest of the stuff is worth paying the extra $$.
Having said that though, If I already had a GEN2 I probably wouldn't upgrade.

Although to be fair, we haven’t confirmed 100% that the internal upgrades aren’t across the range. I’m under the impression all internal upgrades are across the Smokefire line, and only things like the light and color and such are Stealth-only.

It makes zero sense for Weber to have two different version of internal parts, one set for Stealth, and another for everything else.

Although to be fair, we haven’t confirmed 100% that the internal upgrades aren’t across the range. I’m under the impression all internal upgrades are across the Smokefire line, and only things like the light and color and such are Stealth-only.

It makes zero sense for Weber to have two different version of internal parts, one set for Stealth, and another for everything else.
Agreed. Tho I wouldn't be surprised if the older parts are given to Gen2 people until the inventory is gone.

Wouldn't it be great (wishfully thinking here) that Weber sold a Stealth upgrade kit for anyone wanting to go up to that? At least for the internals. I don't care about a light actually or the darkened parts. If it was even possible without any physical alteration to the grill itself.

But, I'm daydreaming - I haven't even done a first cook yet on my Gen 2!

I think the light would be handy if it were bright enough. And easy to clean, given how dirty the rest of the innards get.

Back