New guy on the block

CarlH

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6
Just purchased a SmokeFire EX6 and having it delivered tomorrow. Used a Weber Kettle for eons and recently moved over to a Kamado Joe (which I love!). The KJ just didn't have sufficient real estate for bigger cooks and I decided to add a wood pellet grill (my first) to the deck. Got a good deal on the floor model EX6. Grabbed a front table and cover for it while I was there. Plenty of experience using gas grills, Weber Kettle 18, and my KJ. Looking forward to see what the EX6 can do. Thought I'd register with the forum to get insights, recipes, and experiences from the group. Cheers from Hot Springs Village, AR.

Good luck!! The EX6 has tons of space! Which is exactly why I love it as well. Great grill great smoker! Ask away we have some good knowledge around here.

Welcome to the forum @CarlH and congrats on the new smoker! Let us know what you think after the first smoke!

Welcome! Since you mentioned putting on deck, wanted to let you know my SmokeFire does have occasional ember drop out the bottom, though I think my gaskets around ash tray are shot. Its not very often and though.

Thanks for the welcomes. @abmet thanks, I actually have a mat arriving today to deal with that issue. (Having just spent the big bucks replacing the wood deck with a composite deck!)

Back