Pellet Barbecues are different

Windfalls

Reaction score
I have barbecued for over 60 years, staring with charcoal, then to gas and finally wood pellet. I would not give up my gas barbecue as it is cooks faster, sears meat better and can cope with fat. The pellet barbecue is an add-on. It is used for slow smoky cooking not requiring high heat. Use the right barbecue for the style of cooking you wish and you will have no problems with the SmokeFire

I have barbecued for over 60 years, staring with charcoal, then to gas and finally wood pellet. I would not give up my gas barbecue as it is cooks faster, sears meat better and can cope with fat. The pellet barbecue is an add-on. It is used for slow smoky cooking not requiring high heat. Use the right barbecue for the style of cooking you wish and you will have no problems with the SmokeFire
Welcome to the forum Windfalls. So your saying that the SmokeFire should be used for slow smoky cooking that does not require high heat? I am asking because the SmokeFire was specifically designed to do both.

Welcome to the forum Windfalls. So your saying that the SmokeFire should be used for slow smoky cooking that does not require high heat? I am asking because the SmokeFire was specifically designed to do both.
I think many of the flare up problems users are facing are due to high heat. I am surprised that the SmokeFire was designed for high heat with grease tray so close to the burner. Keep the heat low to avoid the flames.

The best thing about the SF so far is it’s ability to do both. It’s an amazing cooked for a reverse sear.
I've don some great cooks low and slow and had really great results grilling.
5BB277AE-C805-42D3-9A9C-2027F96625CC.jpeg
D269D860-A27C-4119-9438-1E6CC72647A4.jpeg

The best thing about the SF so far is it’s ability to do both. It’s an amazing cooked for a reverse sear.
I've don some great cooks low and slow and had really great results grilling.

I agree with Bruno and grillmarks...

The smokefire was designed to do both, and in my experience, it performs great in both roles. I cooked ribs for 6 hours @ 235 Wed night, and last night (thurs) I grilled burgers @ 500...the smokefire has enabled me to set my other grills to the side :)

For a quick meal of barbecued burgers, the gas gas grill is still the best. It is fast and the cleanup is minimal afterwards. On the other hand, I use the SmokeFire for more specialized menu items when you have lots of time and a house full of guests to impress!.

Latest Discussions

Back