Wearing me out....

Black Run 350

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX4; Charcoal Summit; WSM 22" & 18", Genesis 425 Propane
And here we go again....I bought the Smokefire about 6 months ago second hand. I've had three shutdowns during cooks and this is the prize I receive when I open it up. I don't understand why the app is connected but if it's not open I don't get a low temp notification or do I have something set up wrong?
I'm a huge Weber fan but this is incredibly frustrating... It's about to hit the MarketPlace if this keeps up. Never have this problem with the Smokey Mountain!!! Charcoal never fails....

Attachments

• 1-10-23.jpg
    1-10-23.jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 63
Since it's second hand, do you know if it's been updated to the most current version of firmware?

I know it's a Gen 2. I looked up how to update the firmware. I'll verify that after this cook is done.

Yes, that's the next thing to go.
That is a must. The grill will not operate reliably with it in there. Just be careful to remove one screw at a time and reinstall the screw before removal of the next. Those screws also hold the auger assembly in place as well. This will help tremendously. Might resolve everything. 👍🏻

thanks for the pro tip! I would have had that thing on the ground in pieces!!:LOL:

100% agree with Jps, get that guard out. All it does is cause pellet bridging. I’m betting that’s what happened causing to run out of pellets then dumped a bunch once bridge broke loose. Just don’t stick your fingers in the auger

Back