4 vs 6

RedGrave

Reaction score
I went to Ace Hardware and examines both models. I did like the build quality, is good for the price. I looked at the pellet feeds and it sure looked to me that the 4 ramp incline is steeper than the 6. Have people had feed issues on the EX4?

Both models are eligible for a free ramp upgrade from customer service. Do not know if the latest units are shipping with that installed. Mine is an EX4

I had a pellet void once in my EX4 but it may have resolved itself if I hadn’t touched it. I removed the finger guard and have had no issues but I went ahead and installed the free ramp. I figured why not and since it’s stainless should be slicker than the factory piece. I wasn’t that concerned about loosing a little hopper capacity if it helped prevent flameouts.

What do I need to do to get this “ramp upgrade”? I have the EX4 also, but honestly, I haven’t had any long cook problems. On a brisket smoke it kept 250 degrees consistent for the last 6 and a half hours of the cook. I do constantly check the Hopper, I don’t know why, maybe it’s OCD on my part.

What do I need to do to get this “ramp upgrade”? I have the EX4 also, but honestly, I haven’t had any long cook problems. On a brisket smoke it kept 250 degrees consistent for the last 6 and a half hours of the cook. I do constantly check the Hopper, I don’t know why, maybe it’s OCD on my part.
Just contact Weber. You can call or email. Calling will more than like be faster but they’ve been pretty good about responding to emails for me.
Here is the contact info:
1-800-446-1071
[email protected]

I have an EX4 and just contacted support through the help function on the website. They responded the next morning asking for my full mailing address. Didn't have to make a phone call to get the order placed.

Good luck!

-Will

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back