Amazing cooker!!!

Jcnbmoore

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’ve had a couple of common problems with my EX6.

First was updating the software. It was a little buggy, but I got past the issue after a few tries.

My first cook was a tri-tip, which came out amazing. Unfortunately there was not enough smoke flavor for my taste. I have no previous experience with pellet grills, so I’ll chalk It up to that. I’m used to charcoal.

Since then, I’ve added a smoker tube and now my meals are turning out better than ever. I’m sure it has to do with consistent temps and the convection type cooking. The smoker tube has provided the perfect amount of smoke flavor thus

I have noticed some pellet feed & temp drop issues. So far this has been easily remedied by occasionally stirring the pellets inside the hopper. Kind of a bummer, but not by any means a deal breaker for me. I’m hopeful Weber will come up with a fix.

Overall, I’m very happy with how my food has turned out. I’ve made tri-tip, chicken and ribs. Everything has been super moist!

I’m very much looking forward to future updates and cooks.

Hi everyone, I’ve had a couple of common problems with my EX6.

First was updating the software. It was a little buggy, but I got past the issue after a few tries.

My first cook was a tri-tip, which came out amazing. Unfortunately there was not enough smoke flavor for my taste. I have no previous experience with pellet grills, so I’ll chalk It up to that. I’m used to charcoal.

Since then, I’ve added a smoker tube and now my meals are turning out better than ever. I’m sure it has to do with consistent temps and the convection type cooking. The smoker tube has provided the perfect amount of smoke flavor thus

I have noticed some pellet feed & temp drop issues. So far this has been easily remedied by occasionally stirring the pellets inside the hopper. Kind of a bummer, but not by any means a deal breaker for me. I’m hopeful Weber will come up with a fix.

Overall, I’m very happy with how my food has turned out. I’ve made tri-tip, chicken and ribs. Everything has been super moist!

I’m very much looking forward to future updates and cooks.
What pellets are you using? I have actually been using the B&B competition blend and the smoke flavor has been really good. I cooked ribs, a brisket flat,a and ribeyes. My wife even thought the ribs I did had too much smoke, which is a good problem to have.

What pellets are you using? I have actually been using the B&B competition blend and the smoke flavor has been really good. I cooked ribs, a brisket flat,a and ribeyes. My wife even thought the ribs I did had too much smoke, which is a good problem to have.
Sorry man, I forgot to mention that.
I’ve used the Weber blend to this point. I have their Hickory & Cherry too. I also have a bag of Bear Mountain Pecan, but I haven’t tried any of those yet. I have a pork loin on now with Cherry in the tube and the blend in the hopper.
Thanks for the heads up! I’ll add B&B to my list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back