Disappointed

My problem as well. Mine won't even feed enough pellets for startup. It gets to 75 degrees then tosses a startup failure error.
I was getting that error about 50% of the time, as well. When it would get going I could only get up to 380-400 degrees. A Weber tech replaced my auger assy. this morning and it fired up perfectly and went to 600. I'll keep you updated on whether I have any more startup issues.

He said it was a problem with the gasket, but didn't really elaborate.

I'm on hold with Weber right now discussing the issue with them. I've decided to give it a shot before sending it back. Plus, I'm too busy to disassemble it before Friday.

I'm on hold with Weber right now discussing the issue with them. I've decided to give it a shot before sending it back. Plus, I'm too busy to disassemble it before Friday.
If you haven't followed my saga, I will say that Weber bent over backward to help me out. Super nice on the phone and in person. I didn't ask for anything, they just had me take some pictures, then came back and said they were sending the new auger to me and the tech to install it. Also sent me 2 free bags of pellets. Bummer that it happened, but they did make it right.

If you haven't followed my saga, I will say that Weber bent over backward to help me out. Super nice on the phone and in person. I didn't ask for anything, they just had me take some pictures, then came back and said they were sending the new auger to me and the tech to install it. Also sent me 2 free bags of pellets. Bummer that it happened, but they did make it right.
Did start by calling them? I emailed them from their site asking about pellet issues and explained what has been happening to many customers. I got an email the next day saying use a screwdriver or long object to help break up any voids. I replied back saying I hope that wasn’t their only response and that this is a larger issue. I then sent them link to Babyback Maniac’s recent video. Hope to hear back soon.

Did start by calling them? I emailed them from their site asking about pellet issues and explained what has been happening to many customers. I got an email the next day saying use a screwdriver or long object to help break up any voids. I replied back saying I hope that wasn’t their only response and that this is a larger issue. I then sent them link to Babyback Maniac’s recent video. Hope to hear back soon.
I think I emailed them to start with and they asked if they could call to discuss it. Granted, this was last week before it really hit the fan, so maybe they’re feeling a bit more pressure now and response quality and quickness is declining?

I think I emailed them to start with and they asked if they could call to discuss it. Granted, this was last week before it really hit the fan, so maybe they’re feeling a bit more pressure now and response quality and quickness is declining?
I wrote over the weekend in email to cancel. Then I wrote yesterday and they were probably closed, and I wrote today saying here is the proof of cancellation of order from the SEKO site. (I sent a picture of the shipment order and SEKO acknowledging I am not taking receipt) And I told them if at the end of the day tomorrow they do not acknowledge me I will go to my Credit Card company and take care of it that way. I hate to be that way, but I need a response. I can only imagine the mess they have going on over there.

I wrote over the weekend in email to cancel. Then I wrote yesterday and they were probably closed, and I wrote today saying here is the proof of cancellation of order from the SEKO site. (I sent a picture of the shipment order and SEKO acknowledging I am not taking receipt) And I told them if at the end of the day tomorrow they do not acknowledge me I will go to my Credit Card company and take care of it that way. I hate to be that way, but I need a response. I can only imagine the mess they have going on over there.
They were open yesterday, as I called to cancel mine, and I informed them that I had already told SEKO that I would not accept delivery of it.

They were open yesterday, as I called to cancel mine, and I informed them that I had already told SEKO that I would not accept delivery of it.
Thanks for letting me know. So at the end of tomorrow that will be 4 days with no response (Three workdays) I feel like that is time enough. I have proof that I never received it and I will go to VISA and get it taken off that way.

Thanks for letting me know. So at the end of tomorrow that will be 4 days with no response (Three workdays) I feel like that is time enough. I have proof that I never received it and I will go to VISA and get it taken off that way.
I was told that I could keep the free bag of pellets that showed up 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Now I just need to return the cover(also showed up two weeks ago).

I was told that I could keep the free bag of pellets that showed up 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Now I just need to return the cover(also showed up two weeks ago).
I was given a complimentary cover because of Amazon messing my order up... But I offered to give that back (when I ever get it) I am trying to be nice about things. I know they have a mess on their hands.

*Update*Weber called and emailed yesterday asking for pictures of the auger in the bottom of the hopper. I sent the pictures last night now bored to death sitting on hold to find out about a solution. They seem pretty confident that in the end I will love the grill once this is sorted out. I want to but it is pretty hard right now. Maybe someone that has a working grill could send me some ribs or a brisket in the mean time.;)

Wonder if it is the outside air temp that is causing it to only go to 540 and then go out. That wouldn't be good, but just wondering...
I am from Waterloo, so I know your outdoor temp :)
I don't have a SmokeFire yet. Just watching all the discussions to see if I buy one.
Hope you get your issue solved with Weber. Be sure to post the result.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back