Motor Failure (E7)

JB207

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire+
Hello,
I have a new SmokeFire+ with a Motor Failure error on the screen and then it shuts down without even starting. I have been trying for 4 days to get a response from Weber with no luck. I went through the basic troubleshooting, removed back panel, checked connections, etc to no avail. I called the SmokeFire #, leave a message, email, with no response. The only response I get is from Facebook Messenger where they say someone will call me. It's one thing to have a new $1500 product die in the first couple of months, but to get completely ghosted on support is unconscionable.
I have been a Weber (gas grill) customer for over 25yrs and the reason I took a chance with the SmokeFire and boy do I regret it.
Screen shot of error message attached.
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 3.11.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 3.11.11 PM.png
    693 KB · Views: 58
Weber support has been on the fritz for availability for some time now, but they will respond and they will take care of you. Probably 24-48 hrs. Phone call is typically the fastest way to get someone, but as you have experienced, it can be a dead end.
I recall E7 coming up in a past thread, I don't recall the situation or solution. Try a search. Possible it is jammed with dust or the cotter pen \ screw broke. Both have been reported before. Once you take the back panel off, it is just 2 more screws and 1 wire connection to pull the auger and see what is going on. Empty the hopper first and expect to have a small amount of pellet come out with the auger.

Weber support has been on the fritz for availability for some time now, but they will respond and they will take care of you. Probably 24-48 hrs. Phone call is typically the fastest way to get someone, but as you have experienced, it can be a dead end.
I recall E7 coming up in a past thread, I don't recall the situation or solution. Try a search. Possible it is jammed with dust or the cotter pen \ screw broke. Both have been reported before. Once you take the back panel off, it is just 2 more screws and 1 wire connection to pull the auger and see what is going on. Empty the hopper first and expect to have a small amount of pellet come out with the auger.
Thank you for the information, I will give that a try.

Hello,
I have a new SmokeFire+ with a Motor Failure error on the screen and then it shuts down without even starting. I have been trying for 4 days to get a response from Weber with no luck. I went through the basic troubleshooting, removed back panel, checked connections, etc to no avail. I called the SmokeFire #, leave a message, email, with no response. The only response I get is from Facebook Messenger where they say someone will call me. It's one thing to have a new $1500 product die in the first couple of months, but to get completely ghosted on support is unconscionable.
I have been a Weber (gas grill) customer for over 25yrs and the reason I took a chance with the SmokeFire and boy do I regret it.
Screen shot of error message attached.
Thank you
It doesn't seem as much of a problem.

Not sure what that means, but once Weber finally responded, I returned the grill under the 100 day guarantee and it is no longer a problem for me.

Not sure what that means, but once Weber finally responded, I returned the grill under the 100 day guarantee and it is no longer a problem for me.
Back to wood fire cooking then?
Not much can go wrong there.

Latest Discussions

Back