My EX6

rexster314

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
ot the front shelves put together and installed. Was the only thing left to do before doing the initial burn in. Definitely need a pair of needlenose pliers to put that hitch pin in.
The wheels are the replacement casters. Each wheel has a brake on it and the grill rolls like a dream. When you look at the hopper picture, you can see the slick acrylic tape I applied to the ramp.
I took a few pics before lighting it up, Cleanest it will ever be. I ran a Fireboard ambient probe on the grill very close to the Weber ambient probe. Interesting to say the least. During a blast up to 500 deg, there was at one time a 60 deg difference with the Fireboard showing higher temps. As the cooker approached the 500 deg target, the temp difference started getting smaller and smaller until there was a 4 degree difference with the Fireboard showing slightly higher. So I'm pleased with the temps the cooker will have once it starts to stabilize at the target temp.
After that, I began a Smokeboost session. Temps ranged from 130 deg to around 160 deg. during this session as shown on my Fireboard.
2020-12-04 12.16.23.jpg
2020-12-04 12.17.31.jpg
2020-12-04 13.14.12.jpg
2020-12-04 12.17.00.jpg
2020-12-04 12.16.23.jpg2020-12-04 12.17.31.jpg2020-12-04 13.14.12.jpg2020-12-04 12.17.00.jpg2020-12-04 12.16.23.jpg2020-12-04 12.17.31.jpg2020-12-04 13.14.12.jpg

Man that 6 is a beast compared to my 4. Enjoy!

I think I saw a closer picture of the favorizer bars you posted on a FB group. Check your install on those. They should be installed so they are 100% even spaced from the ends of the inner wall of the cook box to the center, large flavorizer. Looked like in those photos you had them resting in the incorrect positions. That is going to result in really bad hot/cool spots across the cooking grate.

I think I saw a closer picture of the favorizer bars you posted on a FB group. Check your install on those. They should be installed so they are 100% even spaced from the ends of the inner wall of the cook box to the center, large flavorizer. Looked like in those photos you had them resting in the incorrect positions. That is going to result in really bad hot/cool spots across the cooking grate.

I made the same mistake when I was installing mine. They sit between the tabs, not on top of them.

Thanks! It's hard to tell from the instruction manual.

ot the front shelves put together and installed. Was the only thing left to do before doing the initial burn in. Definitely need a pair of needlenose pliers to put that hitch pin in.
The wheels are the replacement casters. Each wheel has a brake on it and the grill rolls like a dream. When you look at the hopper picture, you can see the slick acrylic tape I applied to the ramp.
I took a few pics before lighting it up, Cleanest it will ever be. I ran a Fireboard ambient probe on the grill very close to the Weber ambient probe. Interesting to say the least. During a blast up to 500 deg, there was at one time a 60 deg difference with the Fireboard showing higher temps. As the cooker approached the 500 deg target, the temp difference started getting smaller and smaller until there was a 4 degree difference with the Fireboard showing slightly higher. So I'm pleased with the temps the cooker will have once it starts to stabilize at the target temp.
After that, I began a Smokeboost session. Temps ranged from 130 deg to around 160 deg. during this session as shown on my Fireboard.View attachment 2674View attachment 2675View attachment 2676View attachment 2677View attachment 2674View attachment 2675View attachment 2676View attachment 2677View attachment 2674View attachment 2675View attachment 2676
Do you have a link to those upgraded casters?

After that, I began a Smokeboost session. Temps ranged from 130 deg to around 160 deg. during this session as shown on my Fireboard.View attachment 2674View attachment 2675View attachment 2676View attachment 2677View attachment 2674View attachment 2675View attachment 2676View attachment 2677View attachment 2674View attachment 2675View attachment 2676
Love the wheels! Where did you get them? Has anyone come up with a fix that secures the legs to the bottom of the grill, making them sturdier?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back