New EX6 Owner

tcsm

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6
Hi All,

I got my SmokeFire EX6 yesterday to replace an older gas grill. Was a little nervous about all the reviews and then when I noticed the manufacturing date of 01/2020 I was a little concerned. However, I put it together yesterday and did the burn in, all went well. Got up to 600oF no problems in about 18 mins.

Looking forward to doing a basic cook on it today.
Am also the owner of a Weber Smokey Mountain!

I am excited and looking forward to discussing my SmokeFire experience will you all!

Thanks! did all the firmware and software before the burn in.
I believe my hopper chute is silver so
I’ll send them an email.

Thanks!

I wouldn't lose too much sleep on the "welded" vs stock chute yet. I would advise taking that wire finger guard out and throwing it away. Three little screws comes right out. Replace the screws you're golden. Eliminates any little pellet bridging issues and about 80% of the hopper complaints.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep on the "welded" vs stock chute yet. I would advise taking that wire finger guard out and throwing it away. Three little screws comes right out. Replace the screws you're golden. Eliminates any little pellet bridging issues and about 80% of the hopper complaints.
I would not take all three out at the same time. They are all that holds the hopper up.

Agreed, forgot to mention that is probably more of an impact than the welded chute. And as AHoneyman said don’t remove all 3 screws at once. Also good idea to stuff a rag in the chute so if you drop a screw it doesn’t fall into the auger.

If you don’t have the new chute, I would call or email and get it. If you bought it from a dealer they might be able to help with their rep. It’s pretty easy to change out and it does help with flow of pellets. You will need an extra pair of hands when you go to attach the new chute. The wires are a MUST to remove. Welcome and enjoy! It’s a great and very unique unit.

Thanks Everyone!

I emailed Weber yesterday and sounds like they will be sending me the pellet chute and ramp.

Did my first small cook last night and loved it!
A6798EF8-E6A8-4ED0-BCFB-0924D858DF51.jpeg

I never bothered with the ramp insert. They are installed in the newer ones from the factory. I found that removing the wire safety “thingy” did the trick for me. The new chute will also help as it is a more Direct path for the pellets and it’s sturdier than the old style. Love the mug of adult refreshment. Enjoy!

I haven’t installed the welded chute yet and I took the hopper insert out. My SmokeFire works great.
I found this amazing tool that keeps the pellets from bridging, most people just call it a hand.🖐🏻

Last edited:
I haven’t installed the welded chute yet and I took the hopper insert out. My SmokeFire works great.
I found this amazing tool that keeps the pellets from not moving, most people just call it a hand.🖐🏻
Yeah I had those butts on overnight a couple days ago without issue. I’d say it was 8-10 hours unattended. I did add pellets in the AM when I foiled them and upped the grill temp a bit to finish. I was getting pretty low at that point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back