Ordered EX-6

uk_brewer

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6, Spirit II E-310, Master Touch 22", Jumbo Joe, Q 1000, WSM 14", Big Green Egg, Roccbox pizza oven.
Just ordered the ex-6 and a few bags of Weber pellets. Anyone have other pellet brand recommendations?

I have settled on the Weber pellets personally.

Weber pellets are ok.
Haha!

Attachments

• 0E8BBF3C-E47C-4A7C-844A-2FFEA2D694F4.jpeg
    0E8BBF3C-E47C-4A7C-844A-2FFEA2D694F4.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 24
I’m only using Weber too. I would have tried Lumberjack, but locally they are about same cost.

B&B pellets run through mine easily. No problems. I have bought the half off Webers at Lowe's last week. Also tried some Bear Mountain that run good through it.

I’ve used treager, pit boss, and Weber. Treager=yuck, Pit Boss=decent, Weber=best!! Just picked up 5 bags of Weber Grillmaster blend. IMO Weber pellets run smoother, and better smoke.

I've been happy with the hickory from Lumber Jack, and where I'm at they are half the price of the Weber pellets. The maple pellets from Kingsford worked really well for smoked salmon.

I’ve used treager, pit boss, and Weber. Treager=yuck, Pit Boss=decent, Weber=best!! Just picked up 5 bags of Weber Grillmaster blend. IMO Weber pellets run smoother, and better smoke.
Traeger=yuck? I really like the Weber pellets and think they definitely produce more smoke. The Traeger pellets are more neutral, but yuck? I’m gonna say you had something else going on there. They dominate the pellet grill and pellet markets worldwide. I’m pretty sure they aren’t offensive. Just saying. A bit harsh.

I used treager for my first two Cooks on the SF. My first was a pork shoulder. I didn’t wrap it at all. The initial taste was ok. A bit of a let down, just having done one on my kettle. The surprise was the next day leftovers were almost inedible. Meat was hard, and the taste was gross. The next cook ended having the same weird funky, taste. I changed to pit boss and didn’t have that same weird taste. Weber pellets don’t have that taste either. I do have to say the treager pellets where hickory flavor, and I haven’t used that flavor with the other brands, so maybe it was the hickory. I’m just not willing to test it to find out.
The weird taste was like a funky non wood almost sour, bitter flavor. Hard to describe. Did not like it. Almost just sold my SF because of it. Glad I didn’t.

Thanks for the input. Order a few bags of Weber with the smokefire, grabbed a couple of bags of lumberjack locally, appear to be more accessible and cheaper. Which is pretty darn sad considering I’m literally 10 mins away from weber Main facility.

You will not be disappointed with lumberjack. They are great and comparable to weber. Lumberjack has more variety of wood types than weber.

You will not be disappointed with lumberjack. They are great and comparable to weber. Lumberjack has more variety of wood types than weber.
Lumberjack is what Weber AU were giving their staff to use with their pre-release units before their pellets were available here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back