Support

It will all be good in the end. Buy your Smokefire and roll on. I have a 22” Kettle, a gas silver built in the 1980’s and the new Smokefire. The Weber life is good. They will and do support their products!!!!!

My experience with Weber support is I sent them an email on 2/16 asking if they were aware of the grease fire and pellet hopper issues and if they had any thoughts/advice concerning this. Received a response on 2/19 saying Thank You for Contacting the Weber Support team and that was all. Haven't heard since as I'm sure they are swamped right now. I choose email as I didn't have time to wait on the phone and figured I'd give them a chance to respond in time via email. So we'll see if I hear anything back.

Last week my emailed questions were answered the next day. They were around app functionality and if the controller was weatherproof. This week I emailed on Monday asking about hopper issue and got a canned response about using a screwdriver to clear pellet voids. I replied back saying that wasn't the answer I was looking for and that this is a larger issue they need to address. didn't hear anything so asked for update wednesday and also sent them link to Babyback Maniac's video with the grease fire. Still not response. I've sent a daily email asking for an update and still nothing yet. I'm sure they are swamped and maybe have told them to not respond until they have a corporate response. I'm only speculating though. Would be nice to at least get a we got your message and will be in touch, but nothing.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I understand them prioritizing warranty-type issues over others. I'm sure they are fully aware of all the various videos that have been made, but until they are able to diagnose the root causes and come up with a fix or workaround, I'm sure the customer service agents have been told to not respond directly or put off responding. Hopefully they get it figured out and addressed before too much more damage is done to their reputation.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I understand them prioritizing warranty-type issues over others. I'm sure they are fully aware of all the various videos that have been made, but until they are able to diagnose the root causes and come up with a fix or workaround, I'm sure the customer service agents have been told to not respond directly or put off responding. Hopefully they get it figured out and addressed before too much more damage is done to their reputation.
Just got these in an email. Looks like they are realizing there are some issues.
60C91151-E361-47C7-B7E7-D790805DC67E.png

Attachments

• F0F6DBE4-5185-47DA-98B8-F1825B3ABABC.png
    F0F6DBE4-5185-47DA-98B8-F1825B3ABABC.png
    832.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 85643520-5C89-419E-8634-C8A9329576F0.png
    85643520-5C89-419E-8634-C8A9329576F0.png
    980.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 6868F7EA-942F-4DA1-A62F-4DBDDD92C70C.png
    6868F7EA-942F-4DA1-A62F-4DBDDD92C70C.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
This was the response I received from Weber customer service. Also as JesusQuintana said they are putting out videos. I don't think I've heard any of the people who have had grease fires getting E5 errors. I believe Weber is considering these to be flare ups? I'd be curious if Baby Back thought his was a flare up.

We stand behind our customers and products, and we are here to ensure you have the best grilling experience possible.

We have heard the concerns on social media, and we are also seeing success stories. We are working directly with Smoke Fire owners who contact our Consumer Care team to get them grilling quickly. We are going to address the questions with detailed instruction videos and Q&A that will be available in the coming days.

What you are likely seeing is a momentary flare up, which is different than a sustained grease fire. A sustained grease fire will typically raise the temperature inside of the grill to 700 degrees or more; a flare up will not raise the temperature in this manner.

We take grilling safety very seriously, and we've engineered the Smoke Fire to automatically engage in a safety shut down in the rare event this were to happen. A sustained grease fire would trigger an E5 error code on your grill. When cooking fattier foods on any type of grill, flare ups might occur as grease hits the heat source.

We recommend the use of drip pans for longer cooks with all of our products, just like a smoker, charcoal, and gas grill. Placement should be in between the flavorizer bars and the grates. This will capture excess grease and make cleaning up the Smoke Fire easy.

Smoke Fire and Weber Connect will continue to get better over time and feedback is critical part of that process. Of the thousands of grills that are currently in use, we are seeing a small percentage who are having start up, temperature & connectivity challenges. We are working quickly to address the owners who have concerns.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. We will be happy to assist you.

Just got these in an email. Looks like they are realizing there are some issues.
View attachment 198
Did you really get this in your email?? I am NOT flaming you or anything. I Promise.... I am honestly hoping it is April fools early or some type of internet meme or something. If not....As much as I love Weber, this is a little better than a bad joke in my eyes and anyone else that is even remotely experienced with grilling and barbecuing. They covered everything that everyone has had major issues with and sub optimized all those issues as pretty much normal. I would expect this from Weber marketing though (Full disclaimer..........I work for a much, much, much bigger company and would expect no less from my own company.)

Did you really get this in your email?? I am NOT flaming you or anything. I Promise.... I am honestly hoping it is April fools early or some type of internet meme or something. If not....As much as I love Weber, this is a little better than a bad joke in my eyes and anyone else that is even remotely experienced with grilling and barbecuing. They covered everything that everyone has had major issues with and sub optimized all those issues as pretty much normal. I would expect this from Weber marketing though (Full disclaimer..........I work for a much, much, much bigger company and would expect no less from my own company.)

That is kinda funny if that came from Weber. They would basically be saying ignore everything you saw in our promo video, because you're not going to get it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back