HOT! A Little Reverse Sear Ribeye!

Chadrides

Reaction score
Grill
Searwood 600
The SEARWOOD has been performing like an absolute CHAMP. Tonight I wanted to test a basic, basic Reverse Seared Ribeye with Garlic CannaButter, some Asparagus and Shrooms (BabyBella). Everything came out divine.

Got it to 6 hundy, but rock solid at 575. Only needed a few minutes on the sear. Nice color and crispy rendered fat. Fo Sho! I would usually use a carbon steel pan or grill grates for the sear, but wanted to see what she could do on her own.

In case you don’t know, here is what Reverse Sear is all about…

Get the Searwood to 215-225. Season your Ribeye, mine was Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder - super straight forward.

Put the probe in and put it on the top rack with a drip tray on the main shelf. You don’t have to do this, but it keeps the place tidy. Plan on 40 minutes to an hour ten or so. You can also pulse on the smoke setting here too. Bring your meat up to 113ish. Take it off and crank the Searwood to 500+.

I like to get cast iron or carbon steel in there and blazing hot. Tonight, I just let it flare up over the flavor bars and the results were outstanding. Fire kissed and ended at 135 internal with a few minute rest.

Easy and DELICIOUS

Attachments

• IMG_0149.mov
    2.3 MB
  • IMG_0142.jpeg
    IMG_0142.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0139.jpeg
    IMG_0139.jpeg
    440.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0145.mov
    20.2 MB
  • IMG_0152.jpeg
    IMG_0152.jpeg
    489.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    347.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0140.png
    IMG_0140.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0144.jpeg
    IMG_0144.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    443.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
The SEARWOOD has been performing like an absolute CHAMP. Tonight I wanted to test a basic, basic Reverse Seared Ribeye with Garlic CannaButter, some Asparagus and Shrooms (BabyBella). Everything came out divine.

Got it to 6 hundy, but rock solid at 575. Only needed a few minutes on the sear. Nice color and crispy rendered fat. Fo Sho! I would usually use a carbon steel pan or grill grates for the sear, but wanted to see what she could do on her own.

Get the Searwood to 215-225. Season your Ribeye, mine was Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder - super straight forward.

Put the probe in and put it on the top rack with a drip tray on the main shelf. You don’t have to do this, but it keeps the place tidy. Plan on 40 minutes to an hour ten or so. You can also pulse on the smoke setting here too. Bring your meat up to 113ish. Take it off and crank the Searwood to 500+.

I like to get cast iron or carbon steel in there and blazing hot. Tonight, I just let it flare up over the flavor bars and the results were outstanding. Fire kissed and ended at 135 internal with a few minute rest.

Easy and DELICIOUS
bread test - coolest middle, hottest right, left hotter than middle. Cranked it to 600 and entire lower portion glowed red ... HOT. Going to do baby backs tomorrow and see how internal temp matches with external probe

Easy and DELICIOUS
Nice job! I just got my 600 XL and wondering where you got that front shelf...

should be available on Weber website
It's been out of stock on Weber's site. I ordered one from Ace Hardware online yesterday and it shipped today, so they're in stock there.

Easy and DELICIOUS
Just did this as well on prime sirloins! Amazing flavor & so juicy!

bread test - coolest middle, hottest right, left hotter than middle. Cranked it to 600 and entire lower portion glowed red ... HOT. Going to do baby backs tomorrow and see how internal temp matches with external probe
I just did baby backs yesterday & used my Thermo Pen to check it. It was only 1 deg. apart. Took them off at 205.

Back