Auger not dropping

AlexJ

Reaction score
Grill
EX4, Genesis
Hey Smokers!

Can you help please……Weber didn’t know what to say other than remove the whole auger here's the Issue.....

Turns on but didn't heat. I took out grates etc and cleaned out all ash. Watched glow plug get warm. Fan spins higher, lower just like normal. But then I noticed, no pellets in the firebox. Auger not spinning. It's a new whole auger assembly about 2 months ago. I've used it since so I know it's installed correctly.

Any thoughts before I empty out hopper and take the whole thing apart again to make sure no block. Is there a way to spin it manually?

Thanks in advance.

They should be sending you a new motor/auger. Or a tech to find out the issue.

They should be sending you a new motor/auger. Or a tech to find out the issue.
I thought that too. I guess I’ll take it apart and then put it back together. If that doesn’t work….then I’ll call back!

If you put it together, or apart before, maybe check that all the wires are connected. I know some have had issues with cotter pins breaking it cutting…

If you put it together, or apart before, maybe check that all the wires are connected. I know some have had issues with cotter pins breaking it cutting…
Will do. Thanks. I've smoked on it since the install, but I guess something might have been loose!

Auger pin snapped! Cracked auger and also twisted motor! On the phone to Weber now, they will send me new parts. Off to the hardware store now to try and get this thing running so I have something for the weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_2665.jpg
    IMG_2665.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2666.jpg
    IMG_2666.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2669.jpg
    IMG_2669.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 22
Glad you figured it out….happy grilling…soon.

Auger pin snapped! Cracked auger and also twisted motor! On the phone to Weber now, they will send me new parts. Off to the hardware store now to try and get this thing running so I have something for the weekend!
Be careful with what you get.
You may do more damage.
Also worth finding out what caused this to happen in the first place.

Quite possible.
I take the auger out of my EX4 and clean it out every couple of weeks.
Better safe than sorry.
Takes me around 5min.

I just took my gen 2 auger out to clean…should have taken pics….but there was no dust buildup….I didn’t see the infamous cotter key either…

I just took my gen 2 auger out to clean…should have taken pics….but there was no dust buildup….I didn’t see the infamous cotter key either…
So yours has the bolt?
Were you expecting any buildup?
Mine is usually ok also but it is better to do it and not need to that not do it and need to.

Latest Discussions

Back