Epic failure

Bobby

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire/gas
I’m new to the thread process but have been very proud of my SmokeFire that I purchased summer of 2020. However Thursday night I had volunteered to cook for 20. My smokefire handed me an epic fail. Thankfully my sons were not as thrilled by the pellet grills and had purchased a Weber gas grill as well so I was able to get the July 4 meal on the table.

I’ve now replaced the glow plug and used a hose clamp to secure a ground. The grill will do to temp selected then it just quits. Should I even make an attempt to repair?

Some of the guests Thursday are big Green Egg fans that I had bragged to about the SF. Needless to say I’m still catching flack about the pellet grill.

Attachments

• IMG_4011.jpeg
    IMG_4011.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 53
That sucks when something fails on you at the worst time.

One of my biggest fears. That sucks. Glad you had a back up.

The worst part was that one of the quest might as well be a spokesman for Big Green Egg. Heard about the deal all night long and I’ll see him again this week.

Would anyone know if there are electrical parts available from Weber?
I’ve replaced the glow plug and added a hose clamp to make sure of ground.

Weber website does not have any of the electrical parts listed that I can find.

Thank you

I’m new to the thread process but have been very proud of my SmokeFire that I purchased summer of 2020. However Thursday night I had volunteered to cook for 20. My smokefire handed me an epic fail. Thankfully my sons were not as thrilled by the pellet grills and had purchased a Weber gas grill as well so I was able to get the July 4 meal on the table.

I’ve now replaced the glow plug and used a hose clamp to secure a ground. The grill will do to temp selected then it just quits. Should I even make an attempt to repair?

Some of the guests Thursday are big Green Egg fans that I had bragged to about the SF. Needless to say I’m still catching flack about the pellet grill.
Purchased a Smokefire Stealth a couple of years ago. Spent $2k on the grill and have had nothing but disappointments. Weber customer service was good however, no one wants to spend that kind of money for what they believe is a top of the line grill only to spend more time repairing it that using it to cook. Took 9 months to resolve issues, grill works but still having issues. Meanwhile, have 2 inexpensive Pit Boss grills and haven't had to service either one of them yet. Go figure, regret my Weber purchase, fell for great marketing only to receive a product that falls short.

I think that's the main reason Weber changed the name of their Pellet grill. Just too many problems with the SmokeFire.

Time will tell if all these issues have been corrected with the Searwood, but so far it's looking good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back