Error code E7

rrudloff

Reaction score
Tried to do a cook tonight but when starting the grill got error code E7 motor failure. All connections tight, tried rebooting several times but it was a no go. Anyone else see this?

Just received my smokefire, updated everything...got the E7 error. Connection is ok, tried to reboot etc..nothing worked. Getting in touch with customer support.

Did you manage to solve the issue?

I had it on about my 5th or 6th use. I removed the auger assembly and a bunch of sawdust was stuck in the lower part of the auger housing. I cleaned it up and didn’t have that problem again. Just a dozen other issues.

I had it on about my 5th or 6th use. I removed the auger assembly and a bunch of sawdust was stuck in the lower part of the auger housing. I cleaned it up and didn’t have that problem again. Just a dozen other issues.

thanks.
What type of problems have you encountered?

thanks.
What type of problems have you encountered?

All of them but most frustrating has been the lack of ability for the grill to start with the E6 error code. It happens about 60% of the time I use the grill no matter if I've cleaned the entire grill or not. I've also had multiple flameouts during long cooks after about 3 hours with plenty of pellets in the hopper. I've done the pellet hopper upgrade and the control panel. I'm returning it shortly to Lowes we are just working out whether or not I will bring it in or it will be picked up. I've ordered two Rec Tec 700's - one for my Minneapolis home and one for our lake home 2 hours north. I expect much better performance from them and should have listened to my buddy who's had his Rec Tec 700 since last summer and has had zero issues.

Sounds like you need the new welded auger system. Should fix that problem. Contact Weber they will have it to you quickly.

Sounds like you need the new welded auger system. Should fix that problem. Contact Weber they will have it to you quickly.

The control knob was failing yesterday. Just trying to set the temperature was a pain because as I turned it clockwise it would raise the temp one second and lower it the next. I've read on other forums that this and other LCD display problems are common below 30* and living in MN it was well below that yesterday when was having problems. Weber is sending a new control panel but the EX6 will be returned to Lowes before the control panel arrives.

The heat distribution across the grill is unacceptable especially above 350* where I often cook chicken thighs or wings for about 45 minutes. If I don't rotate the food a couple of times the ones on the right side will burn and on the left side, they are undercooked. I tested at 275* with three probes and the left side was 256* and the right was 311* - again unacceptable temperature variation. My grill won't get to 600* when it's cold out - the last time I tested it only got to 485* after 40 minutes and yet my Weber Summit had no trouble reaching 650* in 12 minutes on that same day. The vent design/location makes grill positioning critical to achieve and maintain higher temps in windy and cold conditions, a problem something other pellet smokers don't have because of their smokestack style smoke vent. I've had so many other issues including having to clean/vacuum the ashes out every few uses that I'm done with my EX6 and very excited for the arrival of my Rec Tec 700 next week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back