Hi everyone!

MikeyR

Reaction score
Grill
Weber kettle, Weber Spirit 300
Hey everybody, looking at purchasing a Searwood. Huge fan of Weber grills. I’ve had a Weber kettle for as long as I can remember. Bought my house in Connecticut a few years ago and the previous owner left their Weber Spirit 300. Nice grill, but it’s needing some parts. So do I buy the parts, or replace the grill. I have been wanting a smoker for a couple of years. I’ve had vertical charcoal and electric smokers in the past. The Searwood looks like the best of both worlds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Hey everybody, looking at purchasing a Searwood. Huge fan of Weber grills. I’ve had a Weber kettle for as long as I can remember. Bought my house in Connecticut a few years ago and the previous owner left their Weber Spirit 300. Nice grill, but it’s needing some parts. So do I buy the parts, or replace the grill. I have been wanting a smoker for a couple of years. I’ve had vertical charcoal and electric smokers in the past. The Searwood looks like the best of both worlds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Mike
got searwood on Monday - impressed with the smoke level even without the smoke boost. Certainly a learning curve but so far pretty happy with it.

Thank you. I’m still on the fence, but definitely leaning that way. Any positive reviews help!

Thank you. I’m still on the fence, but definitely leaning that way. Any positive reviews help!
I have no basis of comparison as I've never had a pellet grill but lots of friends own traegers and haven't been impressed with the smoke levels on their food. Searwood seems to be a big step up in comparison.

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies and advice, greatly appreciated. I pulled the trigger today and ordered the 600. Supposed to be here next Saturday. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks again.

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies and advice, greatly appreciated. I pulled the trigger today and ordered the 600. Supposed to be here next Saturday. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks again.
Tried to buy at local hardware store and "we're not going to carry it" Ordered from Lowe's - free assembly/free delivery - absolutely easy experience - ordered pellets from them on sale to be delivered this week. Great experience. Grill has been spot on so far

I have zero experience with pellet grills so take that into account. I did my first cook on the Searwood XL on Saturday. Just two racks of baby backs. I did a standard 2-2-1 with them, at 250. They turned out great, and quite comparable to what I'd have gotten from my Weber Smokey Mountain. Good color and a light smokey character. I did not use smoke boost on these. Ease of using the grill was terrific. I was quite pleased with that first cook.

I'm going to try it out as a regular grill tonight using high heat to cook some pork chops. Hopefully I can get some grill marks on them.

I just joined this site and purchased a Searwood XL600 a couple weeks ago. I love it so far. Cooked 4 shoulders this weekend and they turned out great! I moved up from a WSM to the pellet grill. I did use smokeboost for the first 2 hours and was pleased with the flavor. Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back