Probe Cooking

Silver

Reaction score
Last night I used the probes to tell me how to cook for the first time. I have to say, I was very surprised. Chicken breasts, it had me set to 500 Degrees, (that would have been impossible on my Traeger) Then watched the times adjust based on Internal temp. It was pretty cool! I for sure thought at that temp it would have been a charred mess but it was some of the best chicken I had ever grilled. (it was chopped up for Tacos but still, amazing!)

Attachments

• IMG-20200303-WA0019.jpeg
    IMG-20200303-WA0019.jpeg
    397.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG-20200303-WA0015.jpeg
    IMG-20200303-WA0015.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 81
Looks great, thanks for sharing. I’ll have to give some chicken a try on mine soon.

Those look great! I will have to try the recipe mode as soon as I can. I actually did some chicken breasts on mine but I was so aggravated about the app I did not even think to try using it for the ones that are actually in there.

That is HILARIOUS!!!!! Let me know how they turn out!! I bet they will look worse than the dozen pieces of potatoes that I used when doing some temp testing with some controllers over a couple of days!
Turned out pretty good. Dont know what you guys normaly cook your chicken on? App said 500. I normaly go lower then that 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 2020-03-04-21-43-34-474.jpg
    2020-03-04-21-43-34-474.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 66
500 seems high for chicken. I like 350. I have not tried any of their programed cooks.

500 seems high for chicken. I like 350. I have not tried any of their programed cooks.
I agree. But the results were amazing. I only oiled and seasoned the chicken before I threw it on there. I can only imagine how good a proper marinade would be with it.

I’m brand new to this forum and new to the grill (have only used it once). But how do I reset the probe? I plugged a probe in the #1, and unplugged it - but now it will not get the probe off the screen, therefore I cannot preheat my grill. The grill has been off and unplugged for weeks. I’ve uploaded the newest update, and all of that. And the probe inidicator is still on the screen (probe is NOT plugged in). PLEASE HELP!!

Also, I think the update messed up my grill. I’m going to have to call customer service.

I’m brand new to this forum and new to the grill (have only used it once). But how do I reset the probe? I plugged a probe in the #1, and unplugged it - but now it will not get the probe off the screen, therefore I cannot preheat my grill. The grill has been off and unplugged for weeks. I’ve uploaded the newest update, and all of that. And the probe inidicator is still on the screen (probe is NOT plugged in). PLEASE HELP!!

Also, I think the update messed up my grill. I’m going to have to call customer service.
do you mean on the app on your phone? or are you suggesting you have somethign on your grill's screen despite being unplugged? Maybe take some pictures of what you mean and we can help to the best of our ability, but yes, you should probably contact weber support.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back