Shut down mode

Brad

Reaction score
During shut down mode is it typical for the fan to pulse from high to low during the entire shutdown mode verse a constant fan speed?

During shut down mode is it typical for the fan to pulse from high to low during the entire shutdown mode verse a constant fan speed?
I am just guessing that the pulsing may regulate the heat going down better than a constant hi or low... Just guessing. (I am an excellent guesser)

I had assumed it was trying to modulate blowing out the fire so the process was quicker. Blow lightly on embers to make fire, blow hard on fire to make embers, then pulse to cool it off.

Mine does that as well, Since the fan is used to blow on the embers in the fire box during the burn to cause the embers to flame up and ignite fresh pellets during the cook, I"m thinking this is done to allow any remaining embers to burn up and the fire to die out due to a lack of fuel. This is just a guess. It would be nice for Weber to post why they do this so we all have a better understanding of the shutdown procedure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back