Smoked chili

rwhapham

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4
Took a stab at the smoked chili recipe here. It's not a pretty slab of meat with a gorgeous smoke ring, but smoking the ground beef and veg really added a nice flavor overall. Highly recommended. Next time I'll do a brisket beforehand and use the leftovers instead.

PXL_20201218_214554579.jpg

PXL_20201218_235914527.jpg

PXL_20201219_002634303.jpg

IMG_20201218_190231.jpg

That looks SO stinking’ good! I begging right now you not to enter that into the sotm contest...lol.

That looks amazing!! Are those fried jalapeños on top? 🤤
I’m pretty sure it is...I have to say that looks so good. I almost though Dutchie had to have done that pic...

That looks amazing!! Are those fried jalapeños on top? 🤤

Yup, air fried jalapeño rings. First time doing those, so they could have used a little bit more of the panko. I was really impressed how much extra flavor the smoke added. I followed the recipe and did the meat and veggies at 225 for an hour. I finished browning the meat in a skillet on the stove top because it just didn't look done enough for my liking.

That looks great, have you tried adding left over brisket? the brisket cooks twice and is super soft in the chili.

That looks great, have you tried adding left over brisket? the brisket cooks twice and is super soft in the chili.

I haven't yet, but that's the plan for next time. Truth be told, I haven't had opportunity to do a brisket in the SmokeFire yet. (*Gasp!* I know.) But when I do, some of the leftovers will definitely go in a chili.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back