First SmokeFire Brisket 🔥

Attachments

• 2020-12-13 20.12.47.jpg
    2020-12-13 20.12.47.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 110
Found it but 2852 was no help in the search. Looked thru all your posts.

Thanks, pic is all yours. it’s the second long smoke for me on the smokefire and almost identical results.
Soar I have done 5 USDA Prime full briskets ranging from 16# to 21.5# and smoke times of 18-24 hours and all were excellent

Oh man that’s an old thread. That brisket was a beauty for sure. The Smokefire has spoiled me! All you have to do at this point is buy good meat and season it well.
looking forward to my Christmas bone In rack of pork!

Oh man that’s an old thread. That brisket was a beauty for sure. The Smokefire has spoiled me! All you have to do at this point is buy good meat and season it well.
looking forward to my Christmas bone In rack of pork!
Yes, I knew it was older, but was looking across the site for ideas to make over the Holidays when I came across your... now that COVID has us pretty well isolated

Haha I forgot to take that out of the freezer. Now it’s New Years dinner. Picked up a turkey and popped it in the SmokeFire.

225 for about 7-8 hours, wrapped in butcher paper for another 7-8. Pulled around 201-202
Used grillmaster blend and cooked on the top shelf, with pan on bottoms rack.
Easy and DELICIOUS!!!
View attachment 612
What is the size of that aluminum pan? I think your idea of putting the pan underneath is brilliant, saves having to clean the drips, but I want to be sure the one I buy is big enough.

I have started using a large oven drip pan setting on the flavorizer bars. It also blocks the direct heat from the fire box. You can use it a dozen times for a buck fifty.

I have started using a large oven drip pan setting on the flavorizer bars. It also blocks the direct heat from the fire box. You can use it a dozen times for a buck fifty.
What size?

About 15x18x1/2. Whatever is cheap at Wal-Mart.

Well done! Looks exceptional!

I bought a disposable aluminum pan, I wonder if it can withstand the heat if placed over the flavorer bars and further, I wonder if it will mess with the circulation of the smoke and air inside the pit. I think those pits are designed like this on purpose...

Maybe I should top rack it and place the pan on the bottom grill? That's a HUGE piece of meat to put on the top rack, though...

Back