New app and software update!,,

Wow! The app and firmware rock it! I have had fairly good luck with my SF previously but the way that it acts with the new software is great. I only did a pizza but startup, temp control, and shut down was smooth. Product was not bad either.
My experience as well. The app just made several large steps forward...I think the only thing missing on my list is robust reporting, graphs during the cook etc. Good job Weber!

This is a grill software update from 1.2 to 1.3. No firmware update as of yet. Still on 4008, unless I missed something?

This is a grill software update from 1.2 to 1.3. No firmware update as of yet. Still on 4008, unless I missed something?
Yes, you missed something. The Jun software that runs the grill was updated also. The 4008 firmware was not.

Yes, you missed something. The Jun software that runs the grill was updated also. The 4008 firmware was not.

Nope. I'm good. I did the software update and it worked well. Just wanted to make sure there was no firmware update yet as it's still showing version 4008. Thanks 👍

Nope. I'm good. I did the software update and it worked well.
I missed the 1.2 to 1.3. I thought that was a comment of the slow app development by Weber. My bad.

Hmmm....Did this update and it appeared to update the software successfully but since the update my SmokeFire firmware version reports as "N/A"

Should I be concerned??

On the app or the grill? Mine showed that after the update and before I paired again. now both show the current version when grill is connected.

Noticed that Apple Watch now shows the notification text instead of open to see more info or whatever the previous message was. And since there is no watch app there was nothing to open. Glad they finally addressed that but made me question the skills of the app development team.

I've done a couple cooks with the new software on Android. I managed all the temperature controls from my phone and surprisingly, I had 2 flawless cooks. Hopefully we are headed in the right direction.

IMG_20200523_085217_778.jpg

I've done a couple cooks with the new software on Android. I managed all the temperature controls from my phone and surprisingly, I had 2 flawless cooks. Hopefully we are headed in the right direction.

View attachment 891
Agree!
I've had two flawless cooks as well. A high heat pizza cook, and a low and slow pork butt, both went off flawlessly.

Nope. I'm good. I did the software update and it worked well. Just wanted to make sure there was no firmware update yet as it's still showing version 4008. Thanks 👍
I was able to update the app on Friday, the software updated to 1.3 but my firmware is still 4003. What should I do?

I was able to update the app on Friday, the software updated to 1.3 but my firmware is still 4003. What should I do?

I had the same issue. I unpaired my phone. Deleted the app data. Then paired again. This time it prompted to install grill update.

I had the same issue. I unpaired my phone. Deleted the app data. Then paired again. This time it prompted to install grill update.
I'll give it a shot... I'm in the middle of a cook and its frustrating, I had one flame out and have been watching the temperature swing wildly ever since restarting. Thanks

Updated the software went smooth compared to my other previous updates. I have been having crazy temp issues and flameouts which Weber has been well aware of. After the update I ran the grill empty for about 2 hrs at 250. The controller was reading 250 but it was actually 225, it actually held pretty steady with a 25-30F difference. Even after opening and closing the lid it ,made it's way back to 250 grill with a 225 ThermoWorks probe. I bumped the controller to 275 and the probe was pretty much dead on at 250, I can live with that. For some reason the grill unpaired from the app all by itself. I had to repair in the middle of the burn, very strange. I hope that is not another bug that we will have to deal with moving forward.

I can't seem to get software update. After updating the app, it gave me a notification to update software and leave phone by grill, but nothing happened after 45 mins. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled and paired to the grill and the update started. 30 mins later, still at 2%. Retried 3 more times and no love, just stalls at 2%. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Latest Discussions

Back