New app and software update!,,

I just unboxed my smokefire last night and your firmware and software is more recent than mine. Mine is 4003 and 1226
ah, maybe you need to follow the last update procedure before you can get to the one that happened yesterday. It's clear weber isn't a technology company :)

It's important to note that when they say 'shutdown the grill' they mean select shutdown on the control panel and allow the grill to do its shutdown procedure. I recall that tripped some people up on the last update

ah, maybe you need to follow the last update procedure before you can get to the one that happened yesterday. It's clear weber isn't a technology company :)

I can follow the old update procedure unfortunately because the app was upgraded. I would need an older version of the app.

Downloaded the new app but like anyone else, the app doesn't download the new firmware to the SmokeFire. The extra app features look nice :D.

I can follow the old update procedure unfortunately because the app was upgraded. I would need an older version of the app.
I have no idea if the version of the app has anything to do with updating the firmware, I just mentioned it because you seem to be a unique case as someone who just bought their grill, so you have old firmware with a new app version. SInce you tried updating the new way, I was giving you the instructions for the older version. Really the only thing is to leave the phone, powered on and unlocked, next to the powered on grill for 25 minutes or whatever it was, then doing the shutdown procedure

I have no idea if the version of the app has anything to do with updating the firmware, I just mentioned it because you seem to be a unique case as someone who just bought their grill, so you have old firmware with a new app version. SInce you tried updating the new way, I was giving you the instructions for the older version. Really the only thing is to leave the phone, powered on and unlocked, next to the powered on grill for 25 minutes or whatever it was, then doing the shutdown procedure
Actually it does. I just found the place in my phone were all the apps are stored. I found the app for the Weber Connect and manually updated. The new version of the software was updated in my phone and then without pause updated the grill. I'm now ready to do my burn 🔥 and start cooking. Yea!

Downloaded the new app but like anyone else, the app doesn't download the new firmware to the SmokeFire. The extra app features look nice :D.

Same results for me. Updated the app to the new 0.9.6 version (Android), turned on the grill, but nothing else happens. No firmware update.

Do you need to do something to prompt it to start?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200522-230549_[[Galaxy]].jpg
    Screenshot_20200522-230549_[[Galaxy]].jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 60
Got the app updated through Google play store. No idea why they sent that email with wrong info. This is what the update adds:
Introducing SmokeFire Grill Control! In this update, you'll find:

- Remote shutdown of SmokeFire from the app
- Remote grill temperature adjustment from the app
- SmokeBoost support, a grill setting with added smoke flavor
- Enhanced SmokeFire notifications for Low Fuel, Glow Plug replacement, and Temperature Drop
- General app enhancements and improvements

Wow! The app and firmware rock it! I have had fairly good luck with my SF previously but the way that it acts with the new software is great. I only did a pizza but startup, temp control, and shut down was smooth. Product was not bad either.

Back