New EX4 Owner

Ian

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX4
Just received the EX4 today which I purchased from Amazon Canada. They had them on sale for $999.00 CDN so decided to buy one. Noticed it had the replacement ramp installed in the pellet hopper but do not know if the replacement chute and auger have been install. I do not know what to look for to determine if it was done without tearing it apart.The firmware updated with no problems. I also completed the initial burn off with no problems. The EX4 held 600* with no issue. Will do my first cook tomorrow.

Welcome! You’re gonna love it.

Dont worry about the chute and auger. There is no problem until there is a problem. Use it and enjoy it. If it starts acting up, after you have followed all the general maintenance (cleaning it out once in a white) the call Weber support and they will send you all the parts you need.

Dont worry about the chute and auger. There is no problem until there is a problem. Use it and enjoy it. If it starts acting up, after you have followed all the general maintenance (cleaning it out once in a white) the call Weber support and they will send you all the parts you need.
Yeah mine eventually started to make a grinding sound as the pellet dust worked the two part chute and auger apart or out of alignment. I will say the new chute is streamlined and I wouldn’t wait for it to cook, but I would just get it and install at my convenience. It’s better for pellet flow as well as the one piece welded construction.

I compared the EX4 temp reading against my thermoworks temperature gauges this morning. I had setup one in the centre and one on each side of the grill. In getting up to temp (275*) there were big discrepancies between the right and left side of grill. After about fifteen to twenty minutes when the grill got up to temp, they were all within 5* of each other which I am pretty happy with. So it will be smoked chicken this afternoon for my first cook.

Well the first cook did not go as planned. After about twenty minutes into the cook, the pellets stopped feeding into the burn pot. The app was still showing 250* which was no where near the actual temp. Had to finish the chicken off in the oven.

Two things and I apologize if this is redundant. First, remove the wire guard above the auger and reinstall the screws that hold the auger. Secondly, make sure the software and firmware is the most recent.

Well the first cook did not go as planned. After about twenty minutes into the cook, the pellets stopped feeding into the burn pot. The app was still showing 250* which was no where near the actual temp. Had to finish the chicken off in the oven.
Do you have the latest firmware and software updates?

Two things and I apologize if this is redundant. First, remove the wire guard above the auger and reinstall the screws that hold the auger. Secondly, make sure the software and firmware is the most recent.
Do not take all of the screws out at once.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back